Thursday, July 8, 2010

No show today!

Well, after 3 successful days of the WordWorks Program, the Orange Team pulled a no-show today. Bummer. But it gave us some time to work out our plan for next week. I was talking to Max about the tentative schedule for the club for the remainder of the time that Rachel and I will be here, and it seems that the week after next is a holiday, and then they may have to be practicing for their exams, so it's unclear when the club will be meeting past next week. Hmpf.

Tomorrow we are getting up bright and early to visit Kanye, a village where the Sesigo Project is kicking off. The Sesigo Project is funded through the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in partnership with the government of Botswana to get Internet available throughout the country. I'm excited to see more Botswana countryside and be present for this ceremony. Should be positive and hopeful, and I'm all about that!

I got on the Internet late today, and I want to go home and enjoy my sparkling water with lemon (complements of the Kgosi) before dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment