Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Another Tuesday for this Water Soul in the Desert

Dumela, good people!

It is very cold again here! For the past couple of weeks it was a bit warmer, and now it's back to the cold that we found here in the beginning.

This morning I finally finished shelving all the new books in the children's section. Now I'm just going to pull a couple of more titles that are either old, outdated, or duplicates to fill up this last box and then get them out to the trailer. I've also started a project to fill up on the last open walls in the children's section. It's going to be "Children Celebrate Botswana" to contribute to the cultural month events. I can't but want to keep trying to brighten up the children's area and make it look and feel more welcoming. I'm a visual person, so it makes sense for me to focus on that. Especially since they will be in this building at least until December, maybe longer!

We had WordWorks today but it ran short. Now that we're having the classes come twice a week we have to have another lesson. We were planning on doing verbs on Wednesday and Thursday, and Thabo suggested we also add adjectives, so hopefully she comes up with an activity. Teaching is hard and it makes me pretty nervous. I'm sure it will be a rewarding experience in the end, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment