Wednesday, July 21, 2010

ahh...that was a nice weekend to turn 26.

I am very well rested and mostly content after our weekend getaway. After lunch at Linga Longa, I finally succeeded in finding a decent pair jeans, yay!
Then we picked up some fancy snacks at Woolworth's, including my beloved dried mango rolls, Brie cheese, and some chocolate-caramel-peppermints cupcakes. Mmmmm...
We snuck Cara into the hotel no-prob, and we got a discount on our room because they made a mistake with our reservation. We watched The Incredibles and Finding Nemo on TV, and then I took at hot shower! Rachel and Cara treated me to an international buffet, at which I had four plates of food and then desert! It was amazing.

Sunday Ray and I hung out a Riverwalk again and I picked up a few souvenirs while Cara attended church. Angelina came to pick us up during the afternoon and we went to her house for a relaxing afternoon. I did my laundry in a washing machine which was extremely nice, my clothes never felt so clean. I'm afraid my patience for hand-washing clothes is little, so they never feel completely unsoiled.

Monday we made it back to Molepolole easily on the bus and even got real seats. How luxurious life has been. Yesterday was very relaxed, we didn't go grocery shopping again, so now we've made tentative plans to go with Malebogo on Friday. Hopefully that works out-it's stressful doing so much worrying about the family situation. But, we bought some cake at the store and I got a phone call from by best friend, so I'm considering my birthday a huge success!

Back to the library today. The kids are on vacation so we don't have WordWorks this week, but the place was hopping with students! Ray and I compiled the data from our user surveys which was interesting, and I put up a poster about the stars from a new book we got. I think I'm officially done decorating the children's section, and I think it looks a lot better. That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. love the title of your blog. and good to read about some of your experiences! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete