Saturday, July 17, 2010

Long weekend after a long week, yay!

I've only got 11 minutes left on this computer so I'm gonna try to type fast!

The rest of the week was alright. We didn't have any electricity on Thursday night, so Rachel and I went over to the house to eat by candlelight and then came back to our apartment to eat chocolate and sit in the dark. Surprisingly, it was enjoyable and relaxing in a way.

We were supposed to go grocery shopping with Malebogo yesterday evening, to finally resolve the food/money issue, but when we went over there we found that the family had went to the farm and Malebogo suggested we go on Tuesday. Ugh. Figures.

Friday I put up my "Children Celebrate Botswana" display and the staff seemed to like it. It definately looks better than the blank wall that there before.

Today we are in Gaborone! We got on the bus at 7am, and sat for an hour before we left. It was very cold! There was also a lady a couple of seats up that got on the bus with a real live chicken in her coat! It's didn't really make a fuss the whole way into town - amazing. So we're giving ourselves a break and staying at a hotel tonight. First hot shower in six weeks, I'm so excited. There's supposed to be a cinema in the hotel complex so I'm crossing my fingers we can catch a flick. Then tomorrow we're going to stay at Angelina's.

We were hoping to be able to meet with a travel agent about planning our trip up north, but I'm not sure what's going to be open on Monday because of the holiday.

Now we're going to get some fancy foodstuffs at Woolworths, and I'm going to continue my hunt for a pair of jeans. Then lunch now at Linga Longa before we head to the hotel. It's a beautiful day here in Botswana.

1 comment:

  1. Are you a fan of Linga Longa's yogurt and fruit like Dave was? Almost anything they have is pretty good as I recall. Glad you are getting a break. Angelina's is a break too, I understand.

    ReplyDelete