Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's been an interesting week. On Wednesday Angelina came for a site visit and we had a meeting with the Kgosi, Mma Kgosi and Max about how things are going, specifically things at home. I was thinking that everything was fine, so I was a little shocked when Mma Kgosi aired some of her grievances about groceries. I was under the impression that we tried to resolve that situation about 4 weeks ago, but it seems that entire attempt to sort things out and offer our financial assistance in regards to our meals was lost in translation. So it was a frustrating meeting because it felt like we were being seen as these greedy, ungrateful Americans, when in fact we tried several ways and times to offer money and/or food. I guess it's resolved now though, so hopefully things will continue to go smoothly on the home front.

The WordWorks club didn't show today, so that was sad. I finished creating all the letters for my newest children's display, so I think I'll try to get that up tomorrow.

I am very much looking forward to our four-day weekend. Monday is President's Day and Tuesday is a Public Service Holiday, so yay for a short next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment