Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ah, Tuesday. The days go by very slowly here. It was very cold and windy today! I'm on a mission to find a hat. Everyone here is sporting this fuzzy, beret type hat that I'm looking to acquire. The fashion here interests me incredibly. I love how off-handed it is, how people put patterns together that I wouldn't dream of. It's rubbing off...should be interesting how I start dressing when I return home, it might be crazy.

I slept alright, although the quality of my sleep has been on and off here. I find the animals to be incredibly noisy. I really want to love the rooster, but I am finding it difficult. Must you crow so early? At any rate, I'm glad I brought my earplugs.

Tomorrow is "Day of the African Child," and Rachel and I worked this morning to gather materials for a display. I'm also going to pick up some biscuits (cookies) and perhaps a coloring book or two so that we can have a program for the children. Hopefully the weather will be more pleasant, so that we can go outside and play. We have been told by Max that when the children get noisy in the library the adults just leave.

Tonight we were told that the Kgosi is having a visit from a Canadian doctor, should be interesting!

1 comment: